Week 2 Reflection

This week in Belize was different in the sense that we got the chance to travel and basically see the entire country. Going from San Pedro to San Ignacio to Punta Gorda made me realize that even within such a small country with the same population as Wilmington alone, there are a wide variety of people. One of the overarching qualities of the people of Belize is that they all have the desire to help anyone and everyone. Even though we are tourists and minorities here, there have been so many people that just stop to offer us help with the simplest of tasks. That is one thing that I wish to take home and implement into my own classroom. I've learned that the younger kids are generally that way at home, but as they get older they stop helping other people and seeing everyone as their friends. I want to be able to tell stories of my trip here in Belize and how the people, children, and adults, act towards each other. I can only hope that this will be something that other teachers notice and have the desire to see that within their own classrooms as well.

I found myself missing the portion of working with the kids and spending time with them. Not only the students here in Belize but my kids at home in my afterschool group as well. Even though my students are kindergarteners at home, every one of the students here reminds me of them and how much I love being a part of their lives and learning. This has not only taught me that I know that I'm going into the right profession but that children play a big role in who I am and my happiness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Reflection

Week 3 Reflection

Week 4 Reflection